Serve as a Page
The Page program is designed for students in middle school, junior high or the first years of high school. Working as a page in the Kansas Legislature is an excellent way to learn more about the legislative process. To experience the opportunity of serving as a page, contact your legislator to submit your name as a candidate.
Senators are authorized 20 pages and Representatives get 10 pages for an entire legislative session. Legislative page dates are assigned to legislators on a first-come, first-serve basis during the first week of session. Available openings fill up quickly so it is advisable to get your request to your legislator as far in advance as possible. When contacting the Senator or Representative, provide brief information about honors, awards and why you are interested in serving as a page.
Contact Henry Helgerson if you are interested.
- You must be at least 12 years of age.
- Are expected to dress and act in an appropriate manner.
- Will receive a $5.00 pay voucher redeemable at the Statehouse snack bar.
- Will receive a certificate of appreciation signed by the sponsoring legislator
- Will receive a photo with the sponsoring legislator and the Governor, if available, as a memento of their service.